Are you confused if your relationship is one that is committed or one that isn’t? This can be hard to know what is going to happen next, especially if you just started dating. Do you and your partner want to commit to each other or are you happy with just being friends and dating with benefits? Do you have any idea what you want? All of these questions can be confusing.
Things should never have to be this hard in your relationship. If you find that you are in this situation, chances are that you are in a situationship. This means you are in between a relationship where there is commitment and friendship. This is an urban dictionary statement where it says that there isn’t a label on what the relationship is.
Maybe you have been seeing each other for the past few weeks or months and you know its not just to have sex because you talk about deep things, and you have fun together. But you still aren’t sure what the relationship is.
Is This Bad?
Being in a situationship isn’t a bad thing depending on what you both want. If one of you decide that you want to be in a committed relationship, this can change things and make it a bad thing. But, if you are both on the same page, then it can be a good thing.
This kind of relationship means that it is probably moving towards something but there is no definition. If you are talking about being with someone that isn’t loving you back though, you have to be honest that things aren’t moving like you want.
How Long Will This Last?
These relationships can last for years, and they might either stay where they are forever or become something more serious. One or both of these things will happen, and you will have to decide if you are happy or if you want to move on.
How to Know if You are in a Situationship
If you are confused about being in this kind of relationship, you might wonder if you are in a relationship or almost in it. Here are some signs that you might be in a situationship:
- You don’t sleep or eat because you want to be in a committed relationship.
- The relationship isn’t defined.
- You are with a man that is emotionally unavailable to you.
- You don’t make advanced plans: You might just meet up to have sex or call to do something out of the blue.
- You meet at weird times, and you don’t ever have real plans. Things happen short term.
- You have no emotional connection. You have good conversations, but they are never very deep.
- You learn about their goals and dreams, but you feel stuck.
- Them or you are seeing other people at the same time. He might be a player and you might feel that they are not defining your relationship because they don’t want to put you first.
- You don’t know their family or friends: They come over to hook up or to watch movies.
- You are confused and anxious about the relationship: You don’t know if you are a boyfriend, girlfriend or just a friend.
- Future plans are not discussed and there is no idea if you will even be together tomorrow.
What To Do
If you are in a situationship and you are okay with it, keep going on. Set some rules of the relationship and be honest with each other. If you want more, you need to tell your partner that you want more but if you are on the same page, keep going.
When you want to have a relationship that is defined, you can have this if you talk to them and if they won’t give you what you want, you need to cut the relationship off and find someone new.
Here are some things to think about:
- A situationship is not a real relationship because there are too many obstacles.
- If you are confused if you are together or not, you probably aren’t.
- A man who likes you and is interested in you will not leave you feeling confused.
- Staying in a situation means that you don’t believe in loyalty.
- It’s better to move on than to try and hang on to something that is never going to happen.
- Don’t be an option to anyone but be a priority.
Remember though, a situationship can become a relationship. You have to have the conversation and find out just what your partner wants in the relationship. Just because it isn’t defined doesn’t mean that it won’t be.